When Can I Lie Down After BOTOX® Treatment?
BOTOX Cosmetic is a popular nonsurgical treatment that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. While the injection process is relatively easy, many people want to know how long they should wait before lying down after treatment.
Below, certified nurse practitioner Kim Burke reviews when it's safe to resume normal activities after BOTOX in Minooka, IL. We also discuss possible side effects and how to prepare for your aesthetic treatment at Kiss Aesthetics.
What is the BOTOX injection process like?
Nurse practitioner Kim Burke begins each assessment by learning about your desired results. We then make recommendations about injection placement and the amount needed to achieve a youthful appearance. Kiss Aesthetics manages specific issues like Crow's feet around the eyes, forehead lines, and even small wrinkles above the lips.
BOTOX treatment is generally quick and easy. We use a fine needle to administer tiny amounts of the botulinum toxin directly into the underlying facial muscles. Any discomfort from the process is usually minimal and brief. Firmer and smoother skin naturally appears a few days after treatment.
Why can't I lie down after BOTOX Cosmetic?
Patients often wonder if they can lie down right after BOTOX in Minooka, IL. It's usually recommended that you wait at least four hours before lying down or reclining. Lying down too soon may cause the botulinum toxin to migrate to other areas of your face, resulting in an uneven appearance.
Try to avoid strenuous activities and exercise for about 24 hours as well. If you engage in physical activity too soon, you may increase the risk of bruising or swelling at the injection site.
What are the side effects of BOTOX?
Most people tolerate BOTOX treatment very well and experience no serious issues. Side effects are temporary and may include:
- Tenderness at the injection site
Side effects are easily managed with over-the-counter medication and ice packs. However, you should call Kiss Aesthetics if you experience serious issues like muscle weakness or difficulty speaking or swallowing. We use top-quality products and take every precaution to minimize your risk of complications.
How to prepare for BOTOX Cosmetic
There are a few ways to ensure the best possible results from botulinum toxin:
- Avoid blood thinners: Medications like aspirin and ibuprofen make bruising more likely. If you take blood thinners, speak with our team about temporarily stopping use before treatment.
- Arrive freshly cleansed: Facial oils or heavy makeup can interfere with the injection process. Cleanse your face thoroughly before coming in for treatment.
- Keep a positive attitude: BOTOX treatment works best when the muscles are relaxed. Try to avoid stress and tension on the day of your procedure.
- Do not lie down immediately post-treatment: As mentioned, wait at least four hours before reclining or lying down. Plan on spending the day upright to avoid migration of the botulinum toxin.
Enjoy safe BOTOX results
Wrinkles and fine lines can give you an aged appearance and make you look tired. BOTOX in Minooka, IL can provide a youthful look without surgery or downtime. Learn more about our processes and comprehensive BOTOX aftercare by calling Kiss Aesthetics today. Certified nurse practitioner Kim Burke knows how to administer cosmetic injections that achieve natural-looking results.